Severe Weather Policy
We have developed a policy that safe-guards our parishioners and will allow time for our parish contractors to clear the property during storms.
Weekdays: When the schools are closed or delayed or the Town or State has advised against travel, Daily Mass will be cancelled for that day.
Weekends: When severe weather occurs during weekend Mass times, please check the local TV and Radio stations and our parish website for cancellations. It becomes very difficult to keep the sidewalks, driveways, and parking area clear if it snows during Mass time. Your safety is important to us!
Any Mass intention effected by the cancellation will be said during the next week.
The Second Collection today:
The Campaign for Human Development
The Catholic Campaign for Human Development is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty by funding community programs that encourage independence. You are essential to its success. Your generous donations will give those in poverty the support they need to make lasting changes.
Together, we can make a difference in families and communities across the United States. Please donate prayerfully and generously. Thank you.
The OLG volunteers will be serving the meal at the Lord’s Kitchen, on Monday, November 26th. Our volunteers need your help in providing for the needs of the people they serve. The volunteers are requesting toothbrushes, toothpaste, and toilet paper. You may leave your donation by the Sacristy on the weekend of November 17/18. The volunteers thank you for your support.
Revised Diocesan Liturgical Norms
Bishop Caggiano has promulgated the revised Diocesan Liturgical Norms to begin on December 2, 2018. These norms will mandate changes in our parish Liturgical Celebration of the Mass and the guidelines we created in October 2017.
- Please click on Revised Liturgical Norms for the Bishop’s introduction video and the six Liturgy education sheets located on the website banner.
- There will be a major meeting for our parish Liturgical Ministers in a few weeks to form our plan.
- There will be a mandated training module to be completed by June 2019. More information to follow!
You will also find the set of handouts this weekend on the revised norms and the Sacred Liturgy.
Protecting Our Children
“The Diocese has created a new website that outlines how the Diocese of Bridgeport is transparent and fully accountable in its policies, programs, and response to the sexual abuse of minors. The website can be found here: https://www.bridgeportdiocese.org/pledge/welcome/, and is also featured on our homepage under the tab: “Protecting Our Children.”
Diocesan Financial Accountability Report
The Diocese has published its Diocesan Financial Accountability Report that outlines a full financial report of settlement amounts for past claims of clergy sexual abuse of minors from the establishment of the Diocese to date. The report includes the sources from where the money was obtained to settle those claims. The report can be found on the diocesan website, or on the “Pledge to Protect web page.”
Flu Season is Here
I hope you have taken the time to receive your annual flu shot. Please use the hand santizer stands as you enter and leave church. Please consider the following:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home and watch Mass on TV.
- Contact George Zamary at the Parish Office if you will have an extended period at home so you might receive Communion at home.
- At the Sign of Peace, please extend the Sign of Peace in gesture (nod, bow, wave) and do not shake hands.
- The clergy and Eucharistic Ministers will use hand sanitizer before distributing Communion.
- Your health is important.
- Meetings and Events
- Faith Formation Apple Pie Baking/Giving Tree Ministry, Saturday, Nov. 17. (PC)
- Sat/Sun., Nov. 17 & 18, 2nd Collection Campaign for Human Development
- Blood Pressure Screening Sun., Nov. 18, 9:30 am – 11:30 am & Mon., Nov. 19, 1:30 – 3:30 pm. (MH)
- Women’s Ministry Meeting: Craft Project, Monday Nov. 19, 7:00 pm. (GYM)
- Bingo Games, Tuesday, Nov., 20. Doors open at 4:30 pm; first game at 6:30 pm. Food & beverages available for purchase. (PC)
- No Faith Formation Classes Wed., Nov. 21st
- Liturgy Committee, Wednesday, Nov. 21, 11:00 am. (MH)
- Mass of Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 22, 9:00 am.
- The Silver Rose Program, Thursday, Nov. 22 & Friday, Nov. 23, 9:30 am – 10:00 am (after 9:00 Mass).
- No Faith Formation Classes, Sat., Nov. 24.
FFO = Faith Formation Office
MH = Madonna Hall
PC = Parish Center
PO = Parish Office
Assistance in Receiving Holy Communion
Recently, we have had a number of parishioners ask to receive Holy Communion at their seats in the side alcoves. Our Parish Ushers have been alerted to assist people requesting Holy Communion. Please ask the usher to have the Eucharist brought to you.
Growing Up Catholic Baptism Class
If you are planning to have your child baptized at Our Lady of Grace Parish, we ask you to attend our “Growing Up Catholic” class. The GUC class will give you a chance to center your faith journey with your child and take advantage of a time to meet other young parents in the parish. The next GUC class will be held on Sunday, November 11th at 1:30 pm in the Parish Center. Please contact Melissa at (203-556-0611) or email: BaptismProgram@olgstratford.com.
We need your assistance. Please update your parish census information if your address, phone number, email address or number of people in your household has changed. You can update your information by calling the Parish Office at 203-377-0928 and speak with Stacey, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon or email email@example.com.
Use of Parish Property
We are blessed to have such a nice parcel of land for our parish. We have beautiful green space and a large parking lot. People are drawn to our property because it is well maintained and clean.
Lately, we have noticed that people are using the parish grounds as their private recreational area. Please spread the word, the parish grounds are private property. Anyone wishing to use the field or parking lot, for whatever reason, must first get permission from the Parish Office. The parish is put at great risk when unauthorized people decide to use the parking lot or field for their own use. The Stratford Police have been notified to keep an eye on our property.