Save the Dates
- The Feast of St. Blaise is February 3. We will bless throats after all Masses on the weekend of Feb. 2 & 3.
- February 11 is the “Day of Prayer for the Sick”. We will remember all the sick of the parish on Monday, February 11, at the 9:00 am Mass.
Meeting of Readers and Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist
Just a reminder, we will be having a follow-up meeting with our Readers and Eucharistic Ministers on Tuesday January 23rd at 7:00 pm in Madonna Hall. We will be discussing the new Diocesan Norms, and our training plan.
Severe Weather Policy
We have developed a policy that safe-guards our parishioners and will allow time for our parish contractors to clear the property during storms.
Weekdays: When the schools are closed or delayed or the Town or State has advised against travel, Daily Mass will be cancelled for that day.
Weekends: When severe weather occurs during weekend Mass times, please check the local TV and Radio stations and our parish website for cancellations. It becomes very difficult to keep the sidewalks, driveways, and parking area clear if it snows during Mass time. Your safety is important to us!
Any Mass intention effected by the cancellation will be said during the next week.
Flu Season is Here
I hope you have taken the time to receive your annual flu shot. Please use the hand sanitizer stands as you enter and leave church. Please consider the following:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home and watch Mass on TV.
- Contact George Zamary at the Parish Office if you will have an extended period at home so you might receive Communion at home.
- At the Sign of Peace, please extend the Sign of Peace in gesture (nod, bow, wave) and do not shake hands.
- The clergy and Eucharistic Ministers will use hand sanitizer before distributing Communion.
- Your health is important.
Meetings and Events
- Bingo Games on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Doors open at 4:30 pm/first game at 6:30 pm. Food and beverages available.
- Meeting for Parish Liturgy Readers & Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist (EME), Tuesday, Jan. 22, 7:00 pm. (MH)
- Sat/Sun, Jan 26/27, second collection will be for the Church in Latin America.
- Grade 7 Class Mass & Retreat, Sunday, Jan 27, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. (church/MH)
- Blood Pressure Screening, Monday Jan 28, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm. (MH)
- Lord’s Kitchen Ministry, Monday, Jan. 28. (offsite)
- Parish Finance Committee, Tuesday, Jan 28, 7:00 pm. (Parish Office)
FO = Faith Formation Office
MH = Madonna Hall
PC = Parish Center
PO = Parish Office
Assistance in Receiving Holy Communion
Recently, we have had a number of parishioners ask to receive Holy Communion at their seats in the side alcoves. Our Parish Ushers have been alerted to assist people requesting Holy Communion. Please ask the usher to have the Eucharist brought to you.
We need your assistance. Please update your parish census information if your address, phone number, email address or number of people in your household has changed. You can update your information by calling the Parish Office at 203-377-0928 and speak with Stacey, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon or email email@example.com.
Use of Parish Property
We are blessed to have such a nice parcel of land for our parish. We have beautiful green space and a large parking lot. People are drawn to our property because it is well maintained and clean.
Lately, we have noticed that people are using the parish grounds as their private recreational area. Please spread the word, the parish grounds are private property. Anyone wishing to use the field or parking lot, for whatever reason, must first get permission from the Parish Office. The parish is put at great risk when unauthorized people decide to use the parking lot or field for their own use. The Stratford Police have been notified to keep an eye on our property.