Important Notice: Construction is currently underway on the Parish Center roof. If you are coming to the parish during the day, please park behind the church between the hours of 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday until further notice. Thank you.
The OLG volunteers will be serving the meal at the Lord’s Kitchen on Monday, May 28. Thank you for supporting this parish ministry. The volunteers ask your assistance by donating toothpaste, toothbrushes, and toilet paper. You may leave your donations outside the Sacristy on the weekend of May 19/20. Thank you!
The parish leadership has studied the savings for the parish by switching to solar energy. We have worked with the Diocesan Energy Program and Green Earth Energy and have developed a plan that will cap our electric costs at 2017 levels and begin saving. The plan saving costs include a new roof on the school and the rectory! Construction is underway.
I have asked parishioners Bob Bradley, Mike Marella, and Bob Sliwinski to be our Parish Reps in working with the construction team. Please contact Msgr. Ryan or one of the parish reps with any questions.
The 2018 Madonna Award will be presented on Sunday, May 20. The Parish, through the Madonna Award, recognizes the many contributions of service by members of our parish community. More information to follow.
Blood Pressure Screenings at OLG
Our parish nurses will be conducting blood pressure screenings on:
- Sunday, May 20, 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Monday, May 21, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm.
- Monday, June 4, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm.
- Sunday, June 17, 9:30 am – 11:30 pm.
- Monday, June 18, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm.
Screenings are held in Madonna Hall in the Parish Center.
Parish Ministry to the Sick
We presently visit Bridgeport Hospital and St. Vincent’s Hospital on Monday or Tuesday of each week. In recent weeks, we have had several questions regarding parishioners not being visited while in the hospital. We need your assistance to build a better list of our parishioners who might be in the hospital.
Please make sure that when you are admitted into the hospital you list Our Lady of Grace as your parish. Your name will be included on our parish list in the hospital Pastoral Care Office. The HIPPA rules limit the parish clergy and pastoral minister from visiting you if your name is not on this list. If you are hospitalized Wednesday through Saturday, we ask you or your family to call the Parish Office at 203-377-0928. Please leave your name and the name of the hospital.
Always know that there is a Pastoral Care Team in both Bridgeport and St. Vincent’s Hospital. If you need to speak with a priest, the Priest Chaplain is available.
Growing Up Catholic Classes are held 6 times per year on the second Sunday of the following months: January, March, May, July, September and November. Due to Mother’s day on May 13, our next Growing Up Catholic class will be held on Sunday, May 20 at 1:30 pm. For additional information please call the Parish Office and speak with Stacey. Baptisms take place on the 1st or 3rd Sunday of each month. Please call the Parish Office at 203-377-0928 and register with Stacey.
Rosary for May
May is the month of Mary, I ask you to consider saying one decade of the Rosary during May. In your prayer may we ask the Blessed Mother to guide our Nation in peace and justice.
Armed Forces Day
On Saturday May 19th at the 4:00 pm Mass, we will have a special moment of Remembrance on Armed Forces Day. Please come an join us for a moment of recognition and thankfulness for all who served in the military. May God bless our country!
Re-imaging Faith Formation
As we become busier and busier, all of need to stop and meet Jesus in new ways. I have listed below so ways to add God in our daily lives:
- Franciscanmedia.org: “Minute Meditation” emailed to you daily / “Saint of the Day” emailed to you each day
- www.wordonfire.org: Daily scripture passages
- DynamicCatholic.com: Daily inspiration reading sent to your email
- http://www.veritascatholic.comfor more information on EWTN Radio
Co-operative Mission Sunday
On the weekend of July 14/15, the Cooperative Mission Appeal will take place in our Diocese. This year our Mission Speaker will be Fr. Anthony Nigel Bernas from the Archdiocese of Capiz-Philippines. I will be sharing more information with you as we get closer to the date.
On October 1, 2017, we issued new guidelines for our lectors, Eucharistic ministers, and ushers. You will soon be receiving a short survey to help survey the process and assess any changes which need to be made. When you receive your survey we ask you to return your response to: email@example.com.
We have had a few complaints about the sound system in the Church. The Liturgy Committee will be seeking your thoughts through a short survey. The survey will be available on the weekend of June 2/3.
The parish family would like to recognize and congratulate all our parishioners graduating this May. We pray that the Lord will bless you in your achievement!
If you need to have a Mass said for someone and the date is taken, why not offer a 7 day Sanctuary Lamp instead? The cost is $10 per lamp. If interested, please call the Parish Office at 203-377-0928.
In Memory of a Loved One or Friend
When a loved one or a friend passes away, please consider one of these ways to memorialize their passing. At Our Lady of Grace Parish, we have several options available to you:
* You can get a Mass card for those recently departed with a Mass said in their memory or you can have a Mass said on an anniversary, birthday or special occasion of a departed loved one or friend. Week day Mass stipends are $10 and the stipend for a weekend Mass with Music is $20.
* Located on either side of the Tabernacle are two Sanctuary Lamps. A single lamp can be lit in your loved one’s memory for a week, Sunday thru Saturday, for a donation of $10.
* The Parish Memorial Fund assists the Church in purchasing items that may be needed for our liturgies. This would include vessels, vestments and ritual books. Your donation in your loved one’s or friend’s name is entered in our Parish Memorial Book.
* You may also speak with Msgr. Ryan or Deacon Rob if you would like to donate to something other than what has been mentioned. They would be happy to assist you in selecting a way to remember your loved one or friend.
If you have any questions, please call the Parish Office at 203-377-0928.
If you will be traveling over the weekend, you click on the above mentioned website to find churches and their Mass schedules in the areas you are visiting.