“Arise” is the theme of the 2021 Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) and is a statement of hope about the renewal and recovery of all people in the coming year. It is also a call to put faith into action and provide for the needs of others. Our goal for Our Lady of Grace is $67,800.
We are pleased to share with you the 2021 Arise, Annual Catholic Appeal video and Bishop Frank Caggiano’s annual letter with this year’s message.
I thank you for all that you have done this past year, and I come again humbly and yet boldly to ask for your generous support to this year’s Arise, Annual Catholic Appeal so that we can welcome the light of this dawn that will grow in our midst, risen with the Lord to meet the challenge before us.
Most Reverend Frank J. Caggiano
Bishop of Bridgeport
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. – James 1:17
Planned Allocation of 2021 Annual Catholic Appeal Funds
Each year, the Diocese of Bridgeport assesses its financial resources, the needs of parishioners and its ability to respond effectively and with compassion. This illustration is an overview of how your Appeal contributions will be distributed:
Faith & Ministry $3,841,000
- The Catholic Leadership Institute and Faith Formation $477,000
- Formation of Priests and Deacons $1,417,000
- Eucharistic Jubilee $100,000
- Pastoral Care of Retired Priests $1,622,000
- Mission Parishes $125,000
- Pastoral Centers $100,000
Education and Catechesis $1,972,000
- Bishop’s Scholarship Fund $700,000
- Catholic Academies of Bridgeport $400,000
- Youth $215,000
- Communications $657,000
Charity and Pastoral Services $1,712,000
- Catholic Charities of Fairfield County $550,000
- Pastorial Care of Sick and Elderly $912,000
- St. Catherine Center for Special Needs $250,000
Fundraising Expenses $575,000
*In the spirit of financial transparency, the cost to conduct the Annual Catholic Appeal totals less than 7.1 cents on the dollar based on the 2021 ACA goal. Fundraising expenses may also provide additional support to a number of these areas.
Click on the link to view the 2021 Annual Catholic Appeal brochure.
Donate to the Annual Catholic Appeal